Saturday, December 27, 2008

My Baby

Three years ago today I lay in the hospital imagining what he would look like. What he would smell like, sound like, and feel like. If he would have hair or if he would have rolls for me to pinch. Three years ago today I wondered if it was possible to love another babe like I had loved my first. I wondered if I could do it. If I could be a loving mommy to another little boy. If he would steal my heart like his older brother had.

Well, three years ago today, my heart was stolen all over again. A precious little babe, perfect in every way, all 7 pounds 7 ounces and 21 inches of him. I loved him before I ever knew him, but that love exploded on December 27, 2005 at 10:31pm when I held in my arms my handsome adorable Elijah Jake.

And today, three years later, I love him more than I ever have. And I know that one or three or even ten years from now, I will love him, in that very moment, more than I ever have.

I love you baby boy. More than you could possible know. Because you will ALWAYS be My Baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet :)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I can't believe he is already 3!! I remember him as a baby drinking out of a bottle!