Thursday, July 24, 2008

Eli Update

So far Eli has had a few assessments done to help figure out his delayed speech. He had a Baley assessment within the last week, which assess all developmental areas, becuase he is under 3 the school district requires ALL areas to be assessed. That included cognitive, social, language, and small and large motor. So basically he did FANTASTIC exept for the expressive language part. He scored above average in the receptive language which we all knew, because he understands EVERYTHING you say to him.
Anyways, today the occupational/physical therapist was here to finish up the large and small motor stuff. She told me that he scored very high. She also told me that he is very intelligent but that he doesn't want people to know that. She said they are able to see his intelligence despite his minimal attempts to hide it. So basically my child is a GENIUS!!!! No surprise afterall, I am his mother. j/k

I called Ken and told him what she said. His response was, "Well you know that's my problem too, I am just so smart I don't want anyone to know it!" WHATEVER!

So it feels good knowing he is developing like average or above average in everyhting except speech. He meets with the Speech therapist next friday, so hopefully we will know more then.

Thanks for the continued prayers and support.

God is constantly reminding me to not worry or be anxious, but to TRUST in him completley. He fearfully and wonderfully knit Elijah together in my womb with no mistakes. Elijah is the very child he is supposed to be right here, right now, speech or no speech. Elijah brings our family such great joy, and how much more joy does he bring his Heavely Father. The Lord is pleased with him and loves him more than I as his mother could ever fathom. Ken and I continue to have a child like faith with this whole situation. And we thank God daily for what a blessing Eli is.

No comments: