Friday, April 3, 2009

Week 6.....DONE!

My week 6 couch to 5K break down:

Day 1: Walk 5min, run 5 min, walk 3 min, run 8 min, walk 3 min, run 5 min, walk 5 min
This day was really easy, since day 3 of week 5 was running 20 min, this seemed like a breeze! I did an 11 min/mile while running.

Day 2: Walk 5, run 10, walk 3, run 10, walk 5. This was a little more challenging, but I did it and it felt great when I was done. I also did an 11 min/mile while running this week.

Day 3: Which I did TODAY:) Walk 5, run 25, walk 5!!! Yikes. I ran a 11:30 min/mile until the last 2 minutes when I bumped it up to a 11 min/mile. I never slowed down though:) This was a hard run, for me. I did a total of 2.75 miles with the walking time included.

I always feel so good when I am done running, but I have yet to actually REALLY enjoy myself while running. I hope that comes at some point! I can't believe what a mind battle running is. It is WAY more mental than physical, in my opinion! It has helped this week having some great music to run with.

Last week when I ran my first 20 minutes solid, I bought my self an ipod for a job well done:) Turns out that was a great idea and has really helped me to stay focused this week.

I am looking forward to Week 7, as all 3 runs will be for 25 minutes.

3 Miles here I come!!

1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Yay for you! You will begin to enjoy it soon. in fact, I bet you already do, cause you keep on doing it!