Friday, March 27, 2009

Feeble Attempts at Running

I need to give a little update on my running....mainly for my records, as most of you probably aren't that interested in my feeble attempts at running:)

I have one day left of week 5 and then I'll be moving on to week 6. I am still running 3 days a week, and averaging a little over 2 miles each time. So a grand total of about 6.5 miles per week Which means I have run about 24 miles in the past month or so, that ROCKS!!! I have only been running about a 11 minute mile, but at this point I will take anything.

I am still alternating running and walking, so I have yet to actually run those whole 2 miles. At times I feel like I should be pushing myself a little more, but I am sticking to this 9 week program and don't want to rush myself. I have actually been enjoying running and my legs have not been hurting too much. In the past when I have attempted running my legs always hurt after the second or third time running and then I give up...but not this time!

I am enjoying the pace of the this program for the most part and I am really looking forward to being able to run my 5K the beginning of May with my friend Sara.

I did get a new pair of running and shoes and they are GREAT.

The only thing I would like to see change is........my weight!!! I was hoping that running would help me lose weight in addition to strengthening my cardio system. Oh well, some day soon...I hope!

2 comments:

Miss said...

i am so so so proud of you! I miss running already! =) you will get addicted....=)

Alicia O. & the gang said...

That is awesome! I also read your most recent post that you went almost the full 2 without stopping! You are on the road to "madness"...running madness that is! You will be at your 5K running all pumped up on adrenaline in NO TIME! The weight will budge...it always does with running!