Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Did It!!!!!

Today was the Moms Day 5K in Minneapolis. I ran the WHOLE 3.2 miles in the wind and cold. And the first half was up hill!! I finished in about 35 minutes which is about an 11:15 min/mile. Kinda slow, but I am just so pleased I didn't stop to walk:)

3 Months ago I couldn't even run for 3 minutes!!

Next up????? Maybe a 10K in September:)

I couldn't have done it without my friend Sara who has been my faithful running buddy:) She did awesome at keeping me going!

4 comments:

Miss said...

I am sooo proud of you! =)

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Congrats! Great job! I know you must be so proud of yourself... I sure would be!

Anonymous said...

YEA! Good for you! :)

Alicia O. & the gang said...

This is how it starts...it's a slow addiction! Now...before you know it you'll be running circles around me in our neighbood! Fantastic job. So glad you didn't stop to walk...you did awesome I am sure!