Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Slow and Steady

I am slowly starting to get myself out of this rut I have been in. Thanks for all the encouraging words:) I have started The Love Dare this week and so far so good. I was supposed to start it a few weeks ago with a few other gals (sorry Miss and Kristie, I have been a slacker!) but I just picked it up from the store. Better late than never I guess.

I have still been running, a little. I should be running more but I feel like I have been really busy with work and family stuff. Hopefully I will get out tonight when Ken gets home. I am doing another 5K on June 12th or 13th, I can't remember. This one is right in Cambridge so hopefully I will have a couple of cute boys waiting for me at the finish line:)

The past 2 weeks have been filled with lots of yard work around here. I have put in a few new gardens and have a few more to go. I am really starting to enjoy gardening and I am hoping that mixed with my running will be great stress relievers!

My baby turned 6 last week. I have been in total denial about it. I can't believe it has been 6 years already!!! Time goes by WAY too fast. He had a fun party at the pool with family and friends. He is getting so big so fast.

Here's to hoping the rest of this week involves sunshine!!!!

Oh and big props to my faithful running buddy Sara!! She just finished her first marathon on Sunday!! She isn't running with me this week because she needs to rest, but she will be back at in no time I'm sure:)

2 comments:

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. Let me know how the Love Dare goes... I've been thinking of doing it myself!

Alicia O. & the gang said...

The 5k is the 13th and my husband and I are doing it as well! At least you are running SOME...it's more than NONE! Stick to it...