Friday, November 14, 2008

Money Makeover Update!!

I have not updated since starting this Total Money Makeover journey we are on. So far things are going smoothly, for the most part. Thankfully I have always had some what of a budget and tend to be type A with my checkbook and stuff. That really helps when crunching numbers every month! I have started using the envelope system that Dave Ramsey suggests in his book, and I actually really enjoy it. It is true that when you are using cash, you tend to watch much more closely what you are spending it on.

I am excited to start attacking my debt, but I have been hard on myself through the process. I really want to be extreme and start selling stuff and knocking out debt left and right. Ramsey suggests that most people can attack the debt snowball and be done in about 2 years. That just isn't going to happen unless I sell a kid or a kidney on the black market! I would love to be debt free in 2 years, but the only way to make it happen is for me to work full time and then some, and for ken to work full time and then some. While I hate having all this debt, I hate even more the thought of making my kids go through the busyness ALL over again. They already have been through so much with me being in nursing school for 2 years. I just can't bring myself to do that to them again.

So, we wait. We persevere. We endure. We trust that God is seeing us through this. And we have faith that He will bless us unimaginably while we strive to serve Him with our finances.

So we are still going strong, taking one day at a time. I am excited to be on the other side of this and scream, "We are debt freeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!"

3 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

You can do it! I might sell one of Corey's kidneys to pay for our new kitchen.

Jazzy said...

Whatever you have to do. You could probably get a LOT of money for one of his kidneys. The guy has never smoked or drank. He probably has pretty healthy kidney.

Anonymous said...

so inspiring :)