Monday, July 20, 2009

Yikes!

Boy oh boy do I have a LOT to catch everyone up on. That's what happens when you wait 4+ weeks to write a post!!! Yikes! As usual, summer gets the best of me and I find little time for computer activities as my children are ALWAYS chomping at the bit to get OUTSIDE!



Anyways....the most exciting news I have to share would obviously be the MCK BRUNCH this past Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had planned on going to the Mck Picnic as well, but we had a family get together come up with my grandparents from out of state, so we were unable to hit the beach with everyone. And at the last minute my friend Sara suggested we find out if by chance there would be 2 available seats open at the brunch. Well wouldn't you know it, there were!!!



And here is one of many Adventures of Domestically Challenged and CarlsonClan......



So we headed down early Sunday morning for what would be an hour and a half trip. Now, if you know my friend Sara, then you KNOW that nothing with her goes as planned! So as we are on 494 her BRAND SPANKIN NEW iphone decides to FREEZE!!!! Seriously!!! What's the big deal you ask????? DIRECTIONS are the big deal! Sara is SO tech savvy that her step by step directions are OBVIOUSLY on her iphone!!! So here we are, country girls driving near the cities, with NO STINKIN CLUE where we are supposed to go! AHHHHHH.



Being a MORE type A than Sara, I had read through the directions at least once if not twice already before we went on our mini road trip. But about the ONLY thing I could remember was something about a CR 30 and a CR 5, like that was going to help us! Sara of course remembered the exact address to our destination, but nothing else......So the two of us were basically a big frickin MESS!!!!



So what do a couple of ladies do in a situation like that??? The smart thing of course....we stopped at a gas station for directions since we had no MEN with us:) So after TWO different gas stations, each with their perks and faults, we FINALLY made it to Waconia....(insert HUGE sigh of relief). Now, mind you, our hour and a half trip quickly turned into a 2 hour voyage:)



Needless to say, we were a bit late, aka Fashionably Late:) Except we weren't that fashionable either, well I guess Sara was sporting some really sweet heels to go along with her silver dollar blisters.... Anyways, as we pull into the parking lot Sara spots something very red and shinny.....(insert 2 silly teenage girl screams). It was Mckmama's truck!!! We have seen pictures before, but never had we seen her vehicle IRL!!!! So we KNEW this was the real deal, MckMama would surely be there.....



About this time we both thought, "What on earth are we doing???? Our husbands think we are NUTS! Are we NUTS???? Or are we just blog stalkers??? Or is it normal to be so nervous to meet someone IRL from the blogging world?? I mean it's not like MckMama is a movie star or something right?....or is she???? Will she even know who we are??" and so on and so on.......



Finally we got up enough nerve to walk into the restaurant. We immediately spotted MckMama (looking dashing in bright purple-she is one of those ladies that can pull off ANY color crayon color), but of course she was busy conversing with SO many women. So we found a few empty seats and settled in. By this time I was very nervous because a) we were late b) I am usually shy at first in big crowds of people and c) turns out we picked the table that had MckMama's Mama and sister!!! Double YIKES!



Thankfully MckMama's Mama and sister didn't bite and were VERY sweet! AND MckMama's Mama was a HOOT!! Man was she funny! Shortly after we made it to our table MckMama came by to meet us! She DID in fact remember me:) Yay!!! It was great to finally meet her!!! I was hoping to see Stellan too, but he was napping at home.



The brunch was GREAT! The people, the FOOD, the fellowship. It was all just a lot of fun. The food was really amazing. They had scones and fruit, bacon, eggs and french toast, a tossed chicken salad, and walleye, asparagus and potatoes. Oh it was just heavenly:) The day turned out to be wonderful:)



We were given cute orange bracelets as party favors from another blogger, and we were given a list of everyone that was there with their emails and blogs so we can keep in touch. We made time for a few group pictures too. The day ended with lots of hugs and thanksgiving for the special day. I would totally do that again! I only wish we were able to join in on the MckCruise fun this winter!!!



So it turns out I don't feel much like a blog stalker anymore:) And now I can say I have seen MckMama IRL!!!! Even though most people that I tell have NO CLUE what I am talking about!



Oh and the real bonus for Sara that day.....MckMama totally fixed her iphone!!!!! I guess that's what friends are for:)



AND we made it home in one piece without getting lost.

6 comments:

Hilary said...

haha I enjoyed reading the events of my sister's brunch from your point of view :)
I am very glad to have met you and thanks so much for hanging out at the table where my mom and I were sitting! I had a great time chatting with you, Sara and Alicia!
I'm glad you are home safe and sound and maybe someday, we shall meet again!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

WOW! I wish I could have been there with you guys. That sounds like such an awesome trip... even with the chaos of losing the directions on Sara's iPhone. You know her better than I do, but even I know chaos surround her!

I want to hang out with you guys IRL!

Anne said...

I was so excited to see you had an update on your blog!! I'm glad you had a good time at the brunch; sounds like a lot of fun. I would have just called me dad for directions...(even with my husband in the car!)

Amanda said...

Glad youhad such a good time! I should ahve come and talked to you guys... sounds like you were having a blast!!

Many blessings~
Amanda

Heidi said...

Hi!

I don't think we got a chance to meet at the brunch, but I saw your name on the list and I"m pretty sure we have a mutual friend. I've seen you (or another Jazz with the same last name) around facebook before.

Anyways- glad you had fun!

Bethany said...

Sounds like you had an adventure getting there- but it's a fun story to read! Glad you had fun! :)