Wednesday, June 17, 2009

God Speaks!

Yes He does!!! We don't always listen...but He always speaks!

I have been spending more time in the Word and He has been using that time to settle my heart and to speak to me about a few things. I just LOVE when He does that:)

The last few days he has been giving me peace with scripture like this:

"Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father is my brother and sister and mother."
~Matthew 12:48-50

Sometimes our worldly families are just plane messed up. But that is because they are human and not of Him, but of the world. Fortunately for some people their worldly families are of Him and so they are also apart of their spiritual family. But for some people, such as myself, that is just not the case.

I have an amazing sense of peace, only from God, about this topic of families. He has shown me time and time again that it is indeed His spiritual family that I belong to because He has adopted me as a believer.

I am so thankful for Him and my brothers and sisters in Christ. They are more amazing than any family a girl like me could even dream of!!

2 comments:

Miss said...

OH JAZZ!!! THat makes me SO happy to hear! I have been praying so much for you....God is SO good, isn't He?! =)

Jo said...

Wasn't the MckBrunch SO fun today?