Saturday, June 13, 2009

Another Running Post

I know lame...right?? Have I nothing better to talk about than running?? Well.....not really:)

Anyways, I did another 5K this morning with my partner in crime, Sara. This one was right in our home town and we actually ran through my neighborhood! It started out a little rocky and ended a little rocky, but the middle was OK!

My first mile included one NASTY hill in the park but I still managed to finish that mile in 8:30!!!! That is insane, I NEVER run that fast, ever! I can tell I was pushing it too much though because my breathing was all out of whack and I just couldn't find my cadence for some reason.

After that I slowed it down a bit and got a little bit of my rhythm back. My time at mile 2 was 19:02, so you can see that I REALLY slowed it down compared to the first mile, but I normally run about an 11 or 11:30 mile.

Shortly after hitting the 2 mile mark I got a TERRIBLE stomach cramp. I tried running through it, but I just had to stop for a minute or two and walk it out. The cramp resolved and I went back at it. The last mile included 2 hills, one down, and one up right at the finish line, YUCK!

I totally got passed by Alicia who was looking good pushing a double stroller!! She did awesome and totally kicked my butt!

I crossed the finish line at 31 minutes some odd seconds, I can't remember for sure. So overall, I did better than my first 5K. I took off about 3 or 4 minutes which is awesome!

Maybe next time I can get it under 30 minutes!

And maybe next time I can try to pace myself a little better at the start so that the last mile isn't so rough.

It was nice having the kids and Ken there at the finish line! My friend Annie and her mom and sister came too! It helps you finish a little stronger when you have people cheering you on.

Yay for running!! I am looking forward to training myself this summer to get ready to do that 10K in September:)

Sorry I bored you all with my feeble attempts at running....but it's my blog...so there!:)

2 comments:

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

You by no means are boring! I love the run posts, because I can so relate to them. Congrats on finishing so much faster than your last. And I'm sure that you will indeed finish your next one at under 30 minutes!

WAY TO GO!

Alicia O. & the gang said...

Jazzy-
You did sooooo great...and with running, you never know. One day you will feel perfectly in sync with your body..and the next? BAM! Everything is off! So the fact that you felt off and STILL finished that much faster than your last is a.ma.zing! I love doing 5K's...they really give you a good "snapshot" of your running capabilities! And when your time gets better...you know YOU are getting better at running! AWESOME JOB...can't wait to see you in Isanti on July 11th!