Monday, August 18, 2008

Baby Fix Follow Up

I got a bit of a baby fix this weekend. It was wonderful! As we were leaving for church on Sunday we got a very unexpected phone call. My sons aunt on his dads side of the family called and was in a pinch for a sitter. She is a Vet and got called in to the clinic for a c-section and her husband needed to leave for work, and she forgot that her parents were not in town that day. So she needed to find a place for her 6 month old little girl to go. So who does she call.....ME! Yay!!!!!

So her husband met us at church and did the drop off. It turned out to be a very smooth transition for her, and I was tickled pink!! My husband kept laughing at me because I was so giddy and completely happy to totting around a little tyke again. People at church were looking like "where did they get that kid?", "She wasn't pregnant, was she?", It was hilarious! So many people asked where she came from.

We didn't get to keep her for very long, as her mom picked her up as soon as she was done. We maybe only had her for an hour or so after church. But it was awsome. The older kids loved having her over, especially Jaden since she is his cousin. He can really make her laugh, and you can just tell he loves her so much. Eli on the other hand wanted nothing to do with her. I guess being the baby of the family, he wasn't too impressed!

I was on cloud 9 while we had her and very sad when she had to leave. So of course I started talking to the hubby about baby number 4????? Normally he gets annoyed when I do this, because he doesn't want more and I do. But anyways, he told me he has slowly been having a change of heart about the whole thing. He hadn't told me up to this point because he didn't want me to get my hopes up. How awsome is that!!!

So we may agree afterall that one more will complete our family. In a few years anyways. He told me if we have another one next year, I can't go back to school next year, I'll have to wait till the babe is older. Or I could go back to school next year and wait until I'm done to have another babe. Duh, I told him school can totally wait!!!

Anyways, we still have lots of talking to do. But I am so happy that we ARE talking about it.

And I am so happy we got to have another little girl in the house for a little while. It was FUN!!

No comments: