Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Mothers Faith

I layed next to Eli tonight as he fell asleep. As I was laying there I realized that it had actually been quite some time since I had cuddled with him at bed time b.c. he usually wants daddy to lay down with him. So as I lay there with him snuggling, rubbing his arm, watching him sleep, smelling him, I started to cry. Mainly b.c. I feel so unworthy to be his mommy and completely blessed that God would entrust His child with me on this crazy earth. And then I started crying even more b.c. my heart was just aching for Mck Mama(see the link to the right). I am blessed enough to lay next to my beautiful precious gift from God and there is another mom at the very same moment who is faced with the possibility of not ever knowing what it would be like to snuggle at bedtime with her unborn son, watch him sleep, or to even know what he smells like.
As a mother I am just completely heart broken for her. And yet at the same time, full of hope and faith in The Almighty God and the ability He has to bless this mother with the life of her unborn son.

So tonight I am reminded of how mysterious yet totally amazing and awsome God is. And I ask anyone who reads this to please please pray for Mck Mama and check out her blog and hear her story and see the faith and trust she has in The Lord.

Lets lift this family up to The Lord.

1 comment:

Megan Marie said...

Being a mother IS a total blessing, an unbelieveable miracle and I am humbled by my children everyday. I feel the same way and my prayers are also for Stellan and Mckmama