Tuesday, August 19, 2008

HE is the Reason

I look back with amazement that we have made it to this point in our marriage. God has had His hand on us since the very begining and He has never given up on us. 3 short yet long years it's been. And sooo many more to come for us. Ken and I have done so much growing and learning in the past 3 years. Not to mention all the big life events that we have conquered in our short time as a married couple. I sit and think about how trying the first few years of marriage have been and wonder how AMAZING the next lifetime of marriage will be.

3 years ago I was stressed out, making sure all the wedding details were taken care of, getting ready for the rehearsal and dinner, and feeling scared. I never imagined that I would be scared the night before my wedding, but I was. It all happened so fast and I wanted us to be getting married for all the right reasons. Yet there was a part of me that was scared that we were getting married for the wrong reasons.

And here I am. Completely believing that God intended for Ken and I to be One. I love my husband so much more than I had imagined and still I will continue to love hime more and more with each passing day, month, and year we spend together.

Whatever the reason behind walking down the aisle doesn't compare to the Faithfullness of our Lord and His promises to us. He has made this beautiful living marriage so much more than I ever could have dreamed or even prayed for.

HE is the reason Ken and I have committed to eachother, HE is the reason we have endured through the many storms, HE is the reason for the Joy in our lives and our marriage, HE is the reason for our love for one another. Because of our God, we are here, 3 years later, still together. Still enduring, still loving, still learning, still trusting, still hoping for the future, living in the present, and remembering the past.

I love you Ken Carlson.

I love you Lord for giving Ken to me. For trusting me to be his wife, to be his "helper", for creating us for eachother. Thank you.

2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Congratulations Jazz and Ken!

Anonymous said...

wow. beautiful. Thanks for sharing.