Tuesday, September 30, 2008

DQ, Doctor, Stuffed Puppy, Green Peg, Laundry & a Movie- Not In That Order!

It all started with a movie and laundry. Go figure.

Eli wanted to watch a movie, no biggy right. So I sit with him for a while to watch the movie with him, then I decided "Laundry is piled all around me, maybe I should do something with it". So I start doing MORE laundry while Eli watches his movie.

Well during the movie watching he got a little curious with his sister Lite Brite (you know the little boxy thing with a light and paper and put the colored pegs through the picture and tada a masterpiece). Upon my return to his area of the house I find him sniffling and whining a little and then I noticed his eyes were running.

I asked him what was the matter. He pointed to his nose and then put his finger up his nose and whined some more. I noticed in his other hand he held a Lite Brite peg. *Light Bulb Moment!!!

Did you put a peg in your nose I asked. He nodded yes. Oh great!!

So I busted out the flash light to take a peek and sure enough. A green peg is WAY up my child's nose. I tried getting him to blow it out, he only sucked it in farther. I tried to make him sneeze it out with no luck. So I grabbed the tweezers and tried to pull it out. He actually laid very still until that tweezers was WAY up there and then he moved and well, we got nothing.

I tried everything I could think of. I knew if I had to take him to the doctor it would get ugly. But I had no choice. So off we went to the clinic.

2 hours, 3 fits, 3 attempts, 4 people, 1 blanket, 1 light, 2 medical instruments, and 1 green peg later we made it. Successful removal in the Doctors eyes, traumatizing removal in Elijah's eyes.

Hopefully he learned that nothing should be going up his nose!!!

The Doctor and Nurse were very nice and told Eli he deserved a stuffed animal instead of just a sticker for making it through that ordeal. So off we went with his new black stuffed puppy. We made a pit stop at DQ because we BOTH deserved it:)

All is well now. He is watching the movie he didn't get to finish.

2 comments:

Miss said...

oh my gosh, this happened with me and Tate one time with a little yogurt bite. We had just entered the town of Isanti which began our 4 hour drive to visit an aunt of mine in South Dakota when he shoved it up his nose. We had to turn around and head back to Cambridge. We didnt get to start our trip for another 2 hours! =)

Anonymous said...

My brother totally did something like that as well...a BB from a gun I think it was!

I didn't know they still made light brights!